DO YOU QUALIFY?
This web site is committed to the preservation and improvement of the ENLISTED LANDS & RETIREMENT HOMES for current and future enlisted members of the U. S. Armed Forces. It is supported by the residents of the home under the name Enlisted Lands Organization!
The ENLISTEDLANDS.Org is not the official website for the Armed Forces Retirement Home.
First things first…We have to make sure you qualify for the homes! We would hate for you to learn all about our wonderful retirement homes only to find out that you do not qualify.
The Veterans Retirement Home provides eligible veterans with supportive care and shared camaraderie.
Just like you experienced in your service days.
Back then you invested in the Veterans Retirement Home via small payroll deductions. Now it’s time for you to get back what you earned from Uncle Sam: an affordable, comfortable, and secure retirement.
If advanced care is needed later, three levels of skilled nursing are available for a little more per month.
Specifically, you must be eligible for admission according to the law established the AFRH below.
Want to know if you Qualify? Contact an admissions representative at
Enjoy the best benefit of your service
The AFRH provides eligible veterans with supportive care and shared camaraderie. Just like you experienced in your service days. Back then you invested in the AFRH via small payroll deductions. Now it’s time for you to get back what you earned from Uncle Sam: an affordable, comfortable, and secure retirement.
To live at the AFRH, you must be able to live independently upon admission. This means you must be able to care for your personal needs, attend a dining facility for meals, and keep all medical appointments. You must not have a felony conviction. And you must be free of active drug, alcohol, and psychiatric problems. For those admitted to live independently, AFRH offers three levels of advanced care later on if needed: assisted living, long-term care, and memory support.
Specifically, you must be eligible for admission according to the law that established the AFRH. Married couples are welcome, but spouses must meet certain eligibility requirements. Please call 228-897-4429, for details.
Persons – male or female – who served as members of the Armed Forces, at least one-‐half of whose service was not active commissioned service (other than as a warrant officer or limited-‐ duty officer), are eligible to become residents of the Retirement Home if they meet one or more of the following categories:
- 60+ years or older
- Were discharged or released from service in the Armed Forces under honorable conditions after 20 or more years of active service
- Determined under rules prescribed by the Chief Operating Officer to have a service-‐connected disability incurred in the line of duty in the Armed Forces
- Served in a war theater during a time of war declared by Congress or were eligible for hostile fire special pay and are determined under rules prescribed by the Chief Operating Officer to have injuries, disease, or disability
- Served in a women’s component of the Armed Forces before June 12, 1948; and are determined under rules prescribed by the Chief Operating Officer to be eligible for admission because of compelling personal circumstances.
Persons ineligible to be residents:
- A person who has been convicted of a felony or is not free of drug, alcohol, or psychiatric problems shall be ineligible to become a resident of the Retirement Home
Next Step to Becoming a Resident
After reading all the qualifications do you qualify?
If YES then you’ll continue on to Step 2 which is choosing the home you would like to become a resident of.
Be sure to check out both of these homes for the one that best suits your lifestyle and needs.
For those of you that may not qualify don’t leave just yet. This is a website created BY VETERANS…FOR VETERANS so we have come up with a plethora of resources for whatever your needs may be.